Hello! It's been 4 months since the last update but that means only one thing - new releases, bug fixes and features have been introduced. We've been really stress testing Swanky Paint, mostly thanks to our new game project - currently named, "Big Trouble in Small Pixels", an old school retro tribute to Double Dragon style arcade brawler but with heightened silliness. Due to the heavy animation of such a project, we've been implementing new ways to make animating in Swanky Paint more robust and efficient, more shortcuts and various ways to chop, slice, rejoin and reanimate all the pixels!
Oh and we've got a new mic too! So hopefully we sound better than the previous video.
New release (Alpha+8) release notes:
- Add current dir to history on startup.
- J now does a copy to spare
- New layer menu with chop/join
- New frame menu with add/del and shortcuts of shift+2/shift+1
- Brush handle with auto corner when you pick one up
- Brush pickup with right mouse cuts pixels clearing to background color
- Added rechop menu for quick layer setup/fiddle
- Flatten layers option in menu
- Added close image to image menu
- Added close all/other to file menu
- Fixed remap image to work with animations
- New and improved menu GUI (we now have sub menus)
By the way, if you're using Swanky Paint like the rest of us here, the shortcut keys are your best friend. Here's a complete list of all the keys and what they do in a handy Swanky Paint shortcut keys PDF
. You won't be able to use Swanky Paint quite the same way after you've memorised them!
Swanky Paint is on Greenlight! Do vote if you like what we're doing :}
If you've managed a copy to play with and found any bugs, send us your reports. We appreciate it!
Why is six afraid of seven? -> http://dime.lo4d.net/dl/swpaint/because789