Woah, feels like only a couple of weeks ago since we last updated!
We've got a whole new bunch of features this time and if you squint, you should be able to see that we're using a different webcam for this video. Well, it's actual an old kinect that we had lying around. The previous inbuilt laptop webcam was a tad slow and blurry so hopefully this looks better!
New Alpha+8b (v15.184) release notes:
- Fixed trace shaders so they compile on more hardware
- App ICON in alt-tab and task bar (linux only so far)
- Trace alpha slider can cause it to draw over the main image
- Individual settings for each image buffer
- Load and save settings inside PNGs (inside a JSON text chunk)
- Animated PNGs added and now the prefered animation format
- Rechop layers using last brush pickup size
- Spritesheet to new anim using brush pickup location and size
- Swap frames and layers (produces a strip layout only)
By the way, if you're using Swanky Paint like the rest of us here, the shortcut keys are your best friend. Here's a complete list of all the keys and what they do in a handy Swanky Paint shortcut keys PDF
. You won't be able to use Swanky Paint quite the same way after you've memorised them!
Swanky Paint is on Greenlight! Do vote if you like what we're doing :}
If you've managed a copy to play with and found any bugs, send us your reports. We appreciate it!
Why is six afraid of seven? -> http://dime.lo4d.net/dl/swpaint/because789